Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Welcome to Foundations!

I would like to welcome you to the Foundations Blog.

What is Foundations you say? Well Foundations is a sort of learning/mentoring program for those just starting out in the photography business. It is open to anyone wanting to improve their work.

The 411

The program is designed to help you grow as a photographer. It consists of 8 weekly lessons and 8 assignments. Within the program we will cover topics such as Composition, The Rule of Thirds, The Golden Hours, Natural Light, Flash, Backlighting, Clothing, and many, many other topics. We will also learn how to use the manual controls on your camera. I'm a firm believer that you should not be in this business if you are using Auto controls. Therefore, we will work hard at learning manual. It's not as painful as it looks. I promise you. We will also discuss post processing in detail. I will share my tricks of the trade. I will also share my actions I use during my post processing. I will not share that information anywhere else, expect during this program.

My main goal of the program is to get everyone shooting in manual and to understand the basics. I want you all to get the image correct in camera as much as possible so it only takes you a few minutes to post process each image. The lessons will not be too long, because I understand that everyone has other things to do. I will touch base on all the info and then will discuss things further in the forum. I want everyone to have a firm foundation so you can build your business successfully.


You will also receive a membership to the Foundations Forum. This is where we will continue to discuss topics and where I will personally critique your assignments. Membership to the forum will be good for one (1) year and you can ask me any questions you want while you are a member. I will also hold contests within the forum for prizes!

The Stipulations

As with anything, there must be a few rules.
  • The main one is that members MUST have a SLR camera, preferable a DSLR. It doesn't matter which brand, Nikon, Canon, whatever, but it needs to be a SLR.
  • There is only a limited number of spots available per session. Once the current session is over, more spots will become available.

  • No one within 150 miles of Springfield, Missouri may become a member. That is simply because it's the area I market my photography business.

  • You must give your all, 100%, to learning the lessons and completing the assignments on time. You don't have to be a working professional to become a member but you do have to take photography seriously. Hobbyists are fine.

  • Payment is due in full when signing up. No partial payments will be accepted. I only accept PayPal payments for the program.

  • No refund will be giving after the start of the program.

  • I reserve the right to make changes to the program at anytime.




The Rate

I will be offering an INTRODUCTORY rate for the first session of $250. This includes everything, the lessons, the assignments, the personal image critiques, my personal actions, the forum, etc. The rate will most likely go up after the first round.



This is truly a STEAL!!!! Don't pass it up!






About Me

My name is Vicki Byerley and I have been into photography for many, many years now. I run my own photography business out of Springfield, Mo. I specialize in natural light portraiture of children and teens.


To view more of my work please visit my site at http://www.vickibyerleyphotography.com/

Or visit on my blog at http://www.vickibyerleyphotography.blogspot.com/

For more information please feel free to contact me either by email at byerleyphotography@earthlink.net or by simply leaving a comment here on the blog.


The first session will begin soon so keep checking the blog for updates.

Have an AWESOME day!

Vicki

1 comment: